Heating, Ventilating & Plumbing
Home
Menu
St Ives death caused by faulty boiler
Published:  30 June, 2014

A woman died of carbon monoxide (CO) poisoning at her home, a coroner said. The body of Gillian Adams, 60 was found in St Ives, Cornwall, by a builder and neighbour on 12 February, 2013.

The body of Gillian Adams, 60 was found in St Ives, Cornwall, by a builder and neighbour on 12 February, 2013.

The inquest in Truro was told the boiler had ventilation and flue problems and it was uncertain when it had last been serviced.

Coroner Barry Van de Berg ruled Ms Adams died as a result of CO poisoning from a faulty gas boiler. Three dogs also died from poisoning.

Ms Adams' body was found on the floor of the Treliska Guest House in St Ives, with two dead dogs close by and a third found elsewhere in the property.

Gas investigator Cary Marshall told the inquest the gas central heating boiler did not meet current gas installation regulations.